Defraggler is used to defrag your entire hard drive, or individual files - unique in the industry. This compact and portable Windows application supports NTFS and FAT32 file systems.
This software is from Piriform. Unlike most of the Defrag software it gives us an option to Defrag folders and even files.Defraggler use the same technique as Windows to Defrag so it’s safe and secure. For example, if you move a file from your hard drive to an external USB drive, it will copy the file to the USB drive first, then delete it from the hard drive. In case a problem occurs writing the file to the USB drive, it still has the original on the hard drive to work with. When Defraggler reads or writes a file, it uses the exact same techniques that Windows uses. Using Defraggler is just as safe for your files as using Windows.
Defraggler's Interactive Drive Map gives you immediate graphical insight into what's on your drive.
At a glance, you can see how fragmented your hard drive is. Defraggler's drive map shows you blocks that are empty, not fragmented, or needing defragmentation.
- Give your hard drive a quick touch-up with Quick Defrag
- Organizes empty disk space to further prevent fragmentation
- Defragment while you sleep - and wake up with a faster PC. Set Defraggler to run daily, weekly or monthly
- Full Windows OS and Multi-lingual support
- Boot time defrag of system files
- Supports 37 major languages
Change Log for new version:
- Added offline defragmentation of system files
- Brand new drive map with custom colors
- Removed 2000 support
- Lots of other tweaks and stability fixes